CCM Crossings- Fall 2017
October 2017- November 2017
"CCM Crossings" is sent out to constituent congregations and supporters to keep you informed about happenings at Camp of the Cross Ministries. We hope it is a helpful resource in support of our camp, together!
• Thank you! Your response to our time of need with our summer expenses was overwhelming! To date: we have received $10,500 plus the Fensters $25,000 challenge! Please continue to remember us in your giving! Thank you!
• We had over 50 youth at our 7th-9th grade bash! What a great weekend the youth had playing games and learning more about Jesus in the Bible studies! Don’t miss the spring bash!
• Thank you! The first annual Blue Jeans Ball was a huge success! Many thanks to everyone who attended; our sponsors and all who supported the event with food, etc. We raised $8,000! Thank you!
• Join us Saturday, November 18th for the Scandinavian Supper! ONE seating this year at 5:30PM! Call the office to reserve your seats today.
• Want to get away for the weekend? Join us for one (or several) of our many retreats scheduled for this fall and winter!
o 4th- 6th Grade Youth Bash – October 27-28
o Crafting Weekend – November 2-5
o Dickens Festival Guest House (3 weekends following Thanksgiving)
o SnowFest Family Event- Saturday, January 13th
o Crafting Weekend- January 18-21
o Men’s Weekend- January 26-28
Check out our website for more information on these retreats.
• Don’t forget us on Black Friday and Cyber Monday in November! If you are shopping on Amazon, we are one of their charities!
• “Let’s Try This One More Time!” Campaign – Can you and your congregation help us one more time with the fellowship center capital campaign? We have successfully raised over $2.8 million and we have $800,000.00 to go. Information packets have been sent out to congregations to get this campaign started. Please check with your pastor for details. If you would like a packet of your own- just let our office know!
• Harvest for the Camp is happening! This is an awesome way to help us out with fall expenses and fill our cupboards for the fall and winter retreat season. Check out our web site for the list of our needs!
• Giving Hearts Day is Thursday, February 8th! Mark your calendars! Last year, due to the awesome response from donors, CCM raised over $100,000!
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me, any other staff member, or a board member. Don't forget to visit our website or find out more information via our social media sites!